You want to advance your project management skills to be more effective in your daily work? This course will provide you with tactical information to overcome the most difficult project circumstances encountered and allow you to be more visible within your company.
During this 2-day course, you will get the chance to advance essential skills needed in the senior PM position you are in or aiming for. During the first day, you will get to know the paradigm of Quality by Design (QbD) and Solution Focus. Advanced concepts will be presented, including performance, budget and timelines management, ensuring adequate patient enrolment potential before beginning a trial, strategies when enrolment is not progressing as planned, etc. On the second day, tips and tricks on how to track delay and prevention, advanced concepts around vendor contract management and reporting techniques are also presented in order to make your project successes more visible within your organisation and beyond. During the afternoon of the second day, you will learn the basics for setting a team vision since vision building should not only be as clear as possible to team members, it should also be as meaningful as possible for project success. All concepts are presented in a dynamic, interactive manner to facilitate learning and retention.
Course time09h00 - 17h00
Who should attend
- (Senior) Project Managers who want to set new goals and objectives in their career and wishing to advance and/or refresh their technical and behavioral skills.
- Prior experience in and/or knowledge of Clinical Research management is required
- Quality by design concept and implementation
- Estimating global study enrolment and recruitment enhancement activities
- Manage operational challenges in patient recruitment
- Setting Key Performance indicators
- Budget management challenges
- Tips and tricks to keep study oversight
- Reporting techniques
- Reminders on vendors contract principles: Statement of Work (SOW), Task Order Agreements (TOA), letter of Intent etc. and their impact on the study budget management
- Vision building for your organisation, your team and yourself
- Incorporate Quality by Design (QbD) principles, metrics, and tracking in the clinical operations plan
- Estimate study enrolment, and produce the schedule
- Discuss how to evaluate and improve an ongoing clinical trial or program.
- Know the PM role within the wider organisation
- Be more comfortable in budget management
- Be able to present the study status in a solution focused way.
- Recognise the importance of the team within the successful study execution
- Be able to work with their teams on vision building
- Know which of the 5 building blocks to explore first with your team members
This course covers competencies that are part of the ECCRT Competency Framework
- Scientific Concepts & Research Design (1)
- Ethical & Participants Safety Considerations (0)
- Investigational Product Development and Regulation (3)
- Clinical Studies Operations (GCPs or ISO 14155) (2)
- Study and Site Management (8)
- Data Management and Informatics (1)
- Leadership and Professionalism (2)
- Communication (3)
- Teamwork (1)
- Business acumen (3)
Be aware that attending one of ECCRT open course does not guarantee that the competency is acquired but only guarantees that the related knowledge has been trained