The new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018 and represents the most significant change to data privacy regulations for 20 years.
It is urgent to understand how to apply this new regulation in the Clinical Research environment where data are the basis for all clinical development.
That’s the reason why ECCRT is organising this 2 days’ workshop to understand the why and how to implement the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Life Science organizations with a specific focus on clinical R&D impacts.
The new European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018 and represents the most significant change to data privacy regulations for 20 years.
With non-compliance penalties of up to 4% of global revenue, it is essential that stakeholders understand what's coming, the impact on systems and processes and what actions are needed to ensure compliance.
This 2 days’ workshop will help you to better understand what this new General Data Protection Regulation means for you and your organisation, what needs to be changed/adapted to be compliant, what will be needed to report etc. At the end of these 2 days you will be able to explain how to implement it.
Indeed, ECCRT experts can bring significant privacy leadership experience to YOU. We will guide you through a very interactive discussion on the “why” and “how” of building an effective data privacy programme.
Course time2 days: 09h00-17h00
Who should attend
Anyone who is or will be a member of the GDPR preparation team; stakeholders from key data processing areas (Data Manager, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Clinical Operation managers, statisticians etc.) and the supervisors from appropriate user teams.
- Introduction to GDPR
- Key data processing principles
- Fundamental subject rights
- Privacy by Design and by Default
- New Data Protection Officer obligations
- New Breach Notification obligations
- Impact Assessments
- Risk Assessments
- Developing a Compliance Action Plan
- Facilitate an internal kick-off and begin to launch an effective response program to the EU GDPR across YOUR organization
- Examine the challenges posed by the GDPR and the benefits of proactively demonstrating that the organisation is compliant with the new requirements.