You need to update and refresh your knowledge on ICH-GCP, including the ICH-GCP E6 (R2) Addendum 2016 but you also want to further focus on the aspects that are relevant to your Clinical Operations department? Then this complementary eLearning course is designed for you.
How is this course different from usual refresher sessions? It is conducted in a very interactive way to review ICH-GCP through workshops, quizzes and within Clinical Operations real-life situations.
This eLearning course is designed for Clinical Operations professionals who already have knowledge of the International Council on Harmonization and Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) standard, but need to be up-to-date up to the items added in 2016. It is designed as a refresher on ICH-GCP and will cover the responsibilities of all Clinical Operations players on the clinical research field. This refresher session, supported by the complementary module, is a very interactive course which will allow you to verify the extend of your knowledge on ICH-GCP and complete the potential gap.
Quizzes and exercises for self-assessment are included to provide a better understanding of each part of the course. In addition, you will be able to test your comprehension with a final grading assessment.
All ECCRT eLearning courses include a touchpoint with the trainer to discuss open questions from any student. Continuous interactivity with the trainer and fellow students is also encouraged through the ECCRT Virtual Campus Discussion Forum.
Course timeAt your own pace; the course will remain available online for you for 3 months after you register for it. ------------------------ Course Credits: 6 hours
Who should attend
Everyone who wants to refresh their knowledge of the current regulations and GCP in clinical studies, with a focus on the practical aspects that are relevant to Clinical Operations.
Clinical operations professionals active in the field of implementing, monitoring & managing clinical studies, from start to finish.
The complementary ICH-GCP Refresher for Clinical Operations Staff cannot be considered as a stand-alone course as its content is developed as a support to the ICH-GCP refresher course.
- General GCP-Refresher
- Definitions and Principles of GCP
- Responsibilities for all involved persons/parties
- The essential GCP-related documents
- Changes by and impact of the 2016 GCP addendum for Investigators and for Sponsors
- GCP Audit Findings at the Investigator as well as at the sponsor & tips to help you avoid them
- GCP-Refresher focused on Clinical Operations
- Linking GCP requirements to the practice for Investigators
- Difference between regular medical practice and clinical trials
- GCP 2016 Addendum for the Investigator
- Linking GCP requirements to the practice for Sponsors
- GCP 2016 Addendum for the Investigator and for the Sponsor
- Refreshing Monitoring RequirementsMonitoring in practice: informed consent verification, remote monitoring
- Linking trial-related documents to GCP requirements
- Acting on non-compliance (Cases: informed consent issues, “ghost” principal investigator, missing samplings)
Click the link to open the Course Programme and get detailed information about the course structure and chapters duration.
- Refresh your knowledge on current GCP requirements
- Grasp what GCP implies for all clinical trial stakeholders
- Understand the essential documents of clinical studies
- Reflect on the implications of ICH-GCP with a focus on the responsibilities, activities and documents specifically for clinical operations
- Obtain a clear view on the impact of all items added by the ICH-GCP E6 (R2) Addendum 2016
- Be prepared to implement all requirements in your clinical operations/monitoring activities
- Acquire understanding and hands-on knowledge from real cases
- Know how to avoid findings in case of audit and/or inspection