Misunderstandings are common amongst people who speak the same language... so it's not surprising that people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds face communication barriers... Skills in intercultural communication are essential in order to minimise problems and misunderstandings that arise from cultural differences.
You will get an insight in what is intercultural communication, how you can better transfer messages and how to improve and adapt your communication behaviour.
We all communicate together in the Clinical Research environment but the way we communicate is strongly determined by the culture we grow up in. No matter how well we think we understand each other, culture is often the root of communication challenges. Understanding the differences in communication amongst the cultures will increase the value of your team! This one day course is designed to improve the intercultural communication and collaboration between colleagues and/or clients in a project environment.
Who should attend
Clinical research professionals wishing to improve and/or refresh their intercultural communication skills.
- The influence of culture
- Intercultural communication
- Negotiation and culture
- Analysis of video clips and cross-cultural cases
- To develop an understanding of different types of communication and to explore intercultural communication
- To recognise cultural differences (do's & don'ts) and their impact on our work
- To approach different models that allows making a comparative analysis amongst countries
- To learn intercultural business (communication) etiquette
- To analyse ways to improve our negotiation skills
- To be able to handle conflict situations