For people who move from an operational job to a managerial one, it is often quite unclear how theire new role differs from the former one. New competences, new ways of behaviour are needed and new expectations are set. This two day course will give your insight in and understanding of your role as a manager.
The Line Management Essentials course gives you a clear insight in your role as a lne manager, in how to communicate with subordinates in day-to-day but also difficult situations, how to lead and coach them and how to help them succeed in their job.
Who should attend
People who just moved to a position or manager, or who have the ambition to further develop themselves towards filling in managerial positions in the near future.
Your role as a line manager
- What is line management?
- How does it differ from day-to-day operational work as an individual?
- Manager vs coach, facilitator
- Manager vs leader
- Managerial roles
- Responsibilities and authorities
- Listening skills
- Assertive communication
- Dealing with criticism
- Dealing with conflict
- Giving bad news
Managing the performance cycle
- Giving feedback
- Job evaluation
- Performance evaluation
- Personal development plan
- Dealing effectively with underperformers
- Management style and its impact on the team members
- Motivating people
- Coaching people on the job
- Delegation: what, when, how?
- To provide you with a clear framework that will allow you to decide for yourself
to what extent this role is something for your
what to do to be successful in this role
- To be able to communicate effectively in typical line management situations and challenges
- To be able to facilitate the performance cycle in your team
- To be able to lead a team effectively